- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched Anocovax, India’s first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine for animals.
- The vaccine is produced by the ICAR-National Research Centre on Equines (NRCE)in Haryana.
- The vaccine uses Alhydrogel as an adjuvant and contains inactivatedSARS-CoV-2 (Delta)
- Anocovax is aSARS-CoV-2 Delta (COVID-19) vaccine for animals that is inactivated. It is also safe for dogs, lions, leopards, mice, and bunnies.
- About the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR):
- Headquarters: New Delhi, Delhi
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW)